You trust us with your personal information, so we strive to always be clear and honest about how and why we will use it. Read more about what we collect about you and your choices and rights.
Our commitment to you
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information Antwerps Sportpaleis nv trading as be•at, herein referred to as (Antwerps Sportpaleis nv trading as be•at or us) collect about you, and how we use it. The entity processing your data will be who you have an account or subscription with.
We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Team using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- Create an account, purchase a ticket to one of our events, we will use the information you provide to the ticketing agent to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where you’ve told us to, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you; and
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
Click on each icon for more information or scroll down to read the full policy.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets from our ticketing agents, attend our events, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
To learn more: see below
How We Use Your Information & Why
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get into the shows you love, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
To learn more: see below
Who We Share Your Information With & Why
We share your information with Event Partner(s) – such as the ticketing agents, artist, co-promoter(s), record label or venue – as well as other third parties associated with the service provided.
To learn more: see below
Your Choices & Rights
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
To learn more: see below
Looking After Your Information
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
To learn more: see below
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
To learn more: see below
What information we have & where we get it
If you create an account & buy from us. If you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information directly from you. When you register for a presale, we collect your contact information, such as your name, street address, zip and post code, email, phone number and credit card number.
When you buy tickets to our events. When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a promoter, venue or have a ticket transferred to you by a friend we will receive your information from ticket agents as an Event Partneror e-commerce platforms used to sell tickets for our events, This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s). We use this information to provide you updates about your event. Where tickets are purchased from ticketing agents by anyone under the age of 13 we may receive date of birth and associated parental consent.
When you attend one of our events. When you attend one of our events, we collect your information via our Wi-Fi (if you register to use it) and, if available, via cashless payment wristbands which can be used to access events and to make purchases onsite at the event. Where you use our onsite parking facilities, we collect vehicle registration details required for the operation of the car park together with our third parties. This information is used to monitor security and identify incidents.
If you have accessibility requirements. We want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events where you have access requirements and needs. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
Fan images and CCTV. When attending an event at a venue or festival we collect your image and likeness whether this is through CCTV cameras or videographers or photographers on venue of festival sites. This is primarily collected for the safety and security of our fans; however, we sometimes use these images in our marketing or social media posts. If you wish to object to images being used for marketing visit the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
When using our website and apps. When you use our websites or apps, we may use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons and technology like GPS and WiFi to passively collect data about you, such as the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
Onsite safeguarding when attending an event. When attending an event at a venue or festival in order to provide a safe and secure site for you, we may process personal information about you to be able to enforce appropriate access management, their purposes for being onsite, and any experiences or issues that may arise. As part of our safeguarding policies and procedures, we process personal information about incidents and visitor wellbeing.
When entering competitions. When you enter into competitions we run, we’ll use your information to administer your entry and contact you if you’ve been successful. If the prize is administered by a third party, we’ll let you know who they are.
When engaging our Loyalty programmes. Where you have signed up to our loyalty programme “Friends for Live” we will collect and receive registration, purchase and payment information. This is to help us manage the programme and ensure you receive updates and benefits specific to you about events happening at our venues.
When you contact our fan experience & customer support teams. When you contact our Customer Services teams with a query or provide us with feedback, we record that interaction for evidentiary purposes and to provide support related to your query.
When you use on our apps or services. When you use one of our apps or online services, we may use your information to help improve and test the services are working correctly. Information may be shared with out third parties who manage these services for us.
When you use social media and online public forums. When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, or post on a public space or on one of our websites. The social media site will provide us with some information about you.
Geodemographic data suppliers. We use suppliers such as advertising and marketing partners who collate geodemographic data which assists us in better personalising our services to you, like your age range, or gender, or information about events you like or products you buy. If you’d prefer that we do not do this, see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
Health and safety purposes. In order to keep you and other attendees safe, we may collect information from ticket purchasers and attendees for purposes of contact tracing related to infectious disease to the extent allowed under applicable law. This information may include names, contact details, seat locations, along with entry and exit times.
How we use your information & why
1. For the performance of our contract with you
- When you make purchases. We use your information when you enter into a contract or transaction with us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise) so we can:
- process your order;
- take payment;
- send you customer service emails, including order confirmations and event related emails;
- provide you with customer support; and
- register you for event presales.
- Event Partner(s). To share with Event Partner(s) who provide services for the event such as promoters, ticketing agents or venues to enable them to run the event on our behalf, allocate seating or contact you regarding important information related to your event such as cancellations or security procedures.
- Contest, Competitions and Referrals. We may use your information to confirm your registration for an event or contest. You may give us your friend's information, for example via our referral service to tell a friend about our website or to purchase a gift card. We will only use your friend's information to provide services you requested. Your friend may contact us to ask us to delete their information.
2. For our legitimate business interests
Marketing. To contact you with information or offers regarding upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
Advertising & cookies. To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps depending on your market. (See our Cookies Policy)
Market research & fan feedback. To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services, or to contact you with satisfaction surveys, or to participate in user research (such as focus groups). We include an unsubscribe option for this kind of contact should you no longer wish to receive them.
Images. Where you attend our events, we sometimes take photos and sometimes post these on social media or use them in marketing campaigns. Our signage at the event will let you know, and you can always request we remove you.
3. For our overriding legitimate business interests
To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g., our or our Event Partner's brands), fraud, or other crimes.
Event security. To protect our fans and ensure the security of our and our Event Partners’ operations.
4. Where you’ve given your consent
Marketing. To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, or via SMS. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
Location services. For example, our apps request location permission for functions like browsing events near your location and receiving push notifications about them or seeing yourself on the map at an event.
Advertising & cookies. To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps, depending on your market. (See our Cookies Policy)
Commercial Partners. We sometimes work with Commercial Partners who we share data with. These are third party data controllers that we work with to provide additional value-add services, such as our travel packages, sponsors or exclusive presale deals. In some circumstances, where sharing is not necessary for us to perform the contract, you have requested, we will request your consent prior to sharing and provide information regarding what will be shared with whom.
5. To protect your vital interests
- Health and Safety. Any information collected by us or our third-party partners in compliance with applicable health and safety requirements, will only be used to contact attendees or shared with relevant local, government officials. This information is regularly deleted.
Who we share your data with & why
- Live Nation Entertainment. Within the Live Nation Entertainment group and associated family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical and product support.
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built or outsourced customer service agents who support fan experience. Some of these third parties may be located outside of your jurisdiction.
- Event Partners. Event Partners are entities we work with to put the event on, such as promoters, ticketing agents, venues, or the artists. We share your information with our Event Partners so that they can run the event and for other reasons described in their privacy policies. Event partners may contact you to provide you updates about your event such event times.
- Commercial Partners. These are third parties we work with to provide additional value-add services. As the Commercial Partners we work with varies between services, we use just-in-time information to let you know when data will be shared with them and that it will be processed in accordance with their privacy notice.
- Disclosures under law. We may share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body here permitted or required by law. Or, we may share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- Successors. We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do this.
Your choices & rights
Your rights and choices may differ depending on the country where you are accessing our services from. These have been split out below.
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following:
- To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences within your account if you have created one or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails, we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off. To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
Where we have relied on a legitimate interest, you can object to it by doing the following:
- To object to receiving our marketing you can change your preferences within your account, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To object to personalisation, you can change your preferences within your account if you have created one. If this option is not available, you can contact us and we will do it for you.
- To object to being contacted as part of fan feedback, you can unsubscribe through the mechanisms in the messages to you or contact us and we will do it for you.
As a global company, our fans are located all over the world, depending on your market there are specific laws and regulations around privacy rights such as the GDPR in Europe, LGPD in Brazil and CCPA in United States etc. The below rights may be appliable in your market.
- The right to request that your information be deleted, otherwise known as erasure, or restricted from further use. The right to delete or erase your account cannot be made where you have a ticket or transaction for a future event. A deletion of your account will result in loss of access to any digital assets (i.e. NFTs) that you may own.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, also known as a right of access.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email associated with your account in order for us to locate your personal data. You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. For an authorized agent to be considered verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written affidavit to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may follow up with you to verify your identity before processing an agent’s request.
Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights and the time period for actioning a right may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
Looking after your information
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. For example, we retain certain purchase information for accounting and tax purposes even after you have deleted your account. Our retention rules are dependent on whether the information is necessary to provide the product or service, what consents have been provided around the use of personal information and what statutory, contractual, or other legal obligations do we have to retain personal information.
We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies headquartered in the United States, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of your country where you are resident. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally.
When transferring information, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. Where your information is transferred outside of your local market, we use contractual measures and internal mechanisms requiring the recipient to comply with privacy standards of the exporter, we will use one of the mechanisms listed below.
- Contractual Clauses, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and other Regulatory Bodies where applicable.
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Binding Corporate Processor Rules
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us.
The data controller that processes your data will be the entity with whom you have an account or subscription with, specifically:
Antwerps Sportpaleis nv (trading as be•at)
VAT0461.051.688 RPR Antwerp
BNP Paribas Fortis - IBAN: BE93 2200 4925 0067 - BIC: GEBABEBB
There’s also your local Supervisory Authority where you have one, although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as may be required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
Last updated: April 28 2023
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Chief Privacy Officer, Hannah Foster, and our Group Data Protection Officer, Alex Bryant, is here to help. Please contact us using email@example.com.